These cookies are sure to make your heart crumble! Decorate them with edible flowers straight from your garden to give them a special touch.
Ingredients (Makes 24 cookies)
- 1 batch of sugar cookie dough (enough for 24 cookies)
- 1 ½ tsp orange extract
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Edible flowers (like pansies or violets)
- Make the sugar cookies.
- Place them into a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Add a dash of the orange extract to the egg white and briefly whip with a fork.
- Brush a circle with the egg white-extract mixture.
- Snip the stem of an edible flower to make the flower as flat as possible and place on the cookie, gently pressing the petals flat. If the petals separate when the stem is snipped, but piece them back together.
- Carefully brush the top of the flower with the egg white-extract mixture and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake at 180 °C for 6 - 8 minutes.