Mint is a must in the kitchen garden. It adds refreshing flavours to dishes and drinks and there are so many different ways to use mint in soups, drinks, stews, sauces and salads.
Did we mention mint makes for delicious desserts? If you're harvesting a little extra mint this month, treat yourself to homemade chocolate mint mousse.
Chocolate Mint Mousse
- 250g plain dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint - peppermint, garden mint or spearmint
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup cream, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp filter coffee, dissolved, not dry
- 1/2 whipped cream, for decoration
- Mint flowers or leaves and chocolate slivers
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate with the mint leaves
- Beat the egg yolks and carefully mix into the melted chocolate
- Add the cream and stir well
- Add the dissolved coffee
- Beat the egg whites to a soft peak stage, then fold into mixture
- Divide into 4 individual bowls and decorate with whipped cream, leaves and chocolate slivers