Bughtrig House is a three-storey classical mansion that is set on landscaped land. The property was held by the Dicksons in the 16th and 17th centuries. Robert Dickson of Bughtrig was killed at the Battle of Flodden in 1513. Their tower may have been burnt by the English in 1544. Robert Dickson of Bughtrig is on record in the 1640s, and then he or another Robert in 1661. The property later passed to the May family, and is now held by the Ramsays. There is a fine formal garden with many herbaceous plants, roses, shrubs, annuals fruit, vegetables and a tree nursery. There is also space to have picnics on the grounds.