Location: Queen Square, Bristol Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Candide is a growing market-network platform based in central Bristol with the mission to connect plant lovers with everything they need. We are an ambitious, international start-up enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Cape Town (South Africa) with over 50 staff members.
We openly put our people first, and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important a positive, inclusive culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative and collaborative leader to drive our Gardens Strategy, which is an integrated network of gardens and visitors that leads to more frequent, more enjoyable visits, on a technology platform that only requires both garden and visitor to have a standard smartphone in order to enjoy our full-service offering.
The role carries budgetary and team oversight over a cross-functional team of product, engineers, marketers and support analysts, to ensure the strategic success of this division. With staycations and demand for our contactless platform booming due to COVID, we are accelerating our growth strategy to become the leading provider of revenue and visitor experience solutions for gardens across the UK and Europe in three years.
- Support Candide’s CEO by leading the division and delivering against its investment case;
- Expansion of our business offering, and expansion of territories;
- Growing the team and increasing momentum to achieve and secure market leadership fast;
- Evolving a clear strategy for the Gardens business in collaboration with our senior Product and Growth teams;
- Maintaining healthy momentum whilst challenging boundaries and executing in step changes for the win;
- Developing affiliations, partnerships and investment opportunities that can accelerate our execution;
- Ensuring team and customer engagement, and effective communication to stakeholders and teams;
- Defining and achieving budgets and growth goals;
- Representing Candide at industry and regional bodies, to raise our profile and increase adoption of our service.
- Investor, board and team alignment to our Gardens strategy;
- Clarity of thought from overall strategy from business plan goals and day to day action;
- Successful attainment of business targets and budgets;
- Increased market share, expanded solutions, and positive net promoter scores among our customers and across the market;
- Increase the depth of Candide services utilised among our customers;
- Positive and fluid engagement with our growth and product teams, and within your team.
Your Skills and Experience
- Executive leadership experience in an online tourism business;
- Ambitious, you want to be the market leader but you act with integrity;
- Strong and honest influencer with excellent negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Great communicator;
- Accountable, and results-driven;
- Own vehicle to travel to clients;
- Continuous learner with an interest in mobile apps and emerging technology.
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned, and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and continuously adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way, we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What You’ll Get From Us
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- Regular team socials
- An amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
- Your choice of equipment
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Grant of SARs (Stock Appreciation Rights) after two years of employment
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10am - 4pm)
- Enhanced shared parental leave
Please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, highlighting your fit to the experience and application criteria.
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An on-site/remote interview with a few members of the team.
- An interview with our CEO
To find out more about Candide, visit candidegardening.com.
Please do not hesitate in contacting email@example.com if you want to find more before you apply.
Notes to recruiters
Please read this. TLDR: don’t send us candidates unless you are on our preferred supplier list. Any candidates you do send will be treated as a gift.