Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Queen Square, Bristol
Salary: £40–45k depending on experience
Ideal start date: ASAP
Candide is a growing market-network platform based in central Bristol enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Stellenbosch (South Africa) with over 60 staff members.
We openly put our people first, and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important a positive, inclusive culture is, so have a read and see if you think we might be a good fit.
Your role as Product Designer will focus on the purchasing journey for Candide. You’ll be creating the first impression for new customers – on our website, in-app and on external channels. Through your research, you will identify opportunities to improve our product/market fit, expand our reach, create value for our users and increase retention. We want you to be designing new experiences that are truly intuitive and a delight to use.
As part of a cross-functional team, you’ll work directly with other product designers, a product manager, engineers and content creators to help build our products and services, using research to inform your process:
- Understanding the needs of our customers, bringing these to life for your teammates and using them to inform your work
- Refining interfaces and interactions to create slick, user-friendly experiences across our products.
- Designing new user journeys and iterating on existing ones to constantly improve our products and services
- Identifying opportunities for growth and exploring new ideas to expand the team’s thinking
- Comfortable moving quickly, testing ideas at scale and iterating
You are a self-starter who is focused on quality and delivering the best solutions. You will test your assumptions every day and guide our product decisions through evidence-based research. You’re curious and tenacious; questioning what the user needs to achieve their goals using the Candide platform, and someone who is a fantastic communicator and team player, with a proven track record of friendly and efficient cross-functional communication, alignment and coordination.
You’ll need a portfolio of recent Digital Product, UI or UX work to apply and be prepared to talk in-depth about your involvement and contribution to a recent, iterative design project at interview.
Working at Candide
We offer an amazing work environment - both in the office and outside of it, and a fast-paced development cycle which moves the product forward quickly and is very responsive to opportunity. We have a solid strategic plan, long-range funding and a very experienced and capable team making it happen.
Candide has a friendly, plant-filled Bristol office, which the team is looking forward to returning to when it is safe to do so. We are happy to accept candidates who are living elsewhere, provided that they are able to move to the Bristol area when the office reopens. Remote working is permitted during COVID but candidates will be expected to work from the office in the future.
Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. Our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned, and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
What You’ll Get From Us
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- Regular team socials
- An amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
- Your choice of equipment
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Grant of SARs (Stock Appreciation Rights) after two years of employment
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10 am - 4 pm)
- Enhanced shared parental leave
Please send the following to email@example.com :
- Your CV (1 or 2 pages) covering your employment history, relevant experience and education
- Your portfolio of recent Digital Product, UI or UX Design
- A covering letter explaining why you have applied for this role
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An on-site/remote interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
Everyone is Welcome
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to find out more before you apply.
To find out more about Candide, visit our homepage and download the app candidegardening.com.