We are on the search for not one but TWO Sales Account Managers. Candide is growing and growing fast due to the team's huge successes and hard work. To continue this path we are on the lookout for two talented, entrepreneurial Sales Account Managers to help grow our network. If you have a proven track record of Sales and Account Management and are based in the Bristol and/or Cornwall/Devon area, then we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Bristol area & Cornwall/Devon area
Salary: £28,000 to £31,000 / year
Ideal start date: ASAP
Candide is a market-network platform helping businesses and the public break new ground in the garden, through the application of technology.
Candide is the gateway to inspiration for garden visitors using exciting immersive technology and enabling quick, contactless ticketing for visitor access. We also motivate the public to connect with nature and enable everyone to grow big and shop small, with curated online catalogues of plants, tools and accessories from exceptional independent businesses.
Our HQ is based in central Bristol, surrounded by the greenery of Queen Square and the floating harbour, we enable people to progress their passion for plants and nature. We are a team of over 70, openly putting our people first; we're proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important a positive, inclusive culture is, so have a read and see if you’d like to grow with us.
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products, stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
The Sales Account Manager role is key to growing our network in your area and retaining customers year on year. As well as this the Sales Account Manager will play a key role in highlighting issues facing individual gardens, as well as wider regional insights. Then feeding back these insights to the Head of Partner Success to collate wider market insights from all Areas and organisations/garden types.
Lead generation is vitally important to this role; growing the number of gardens we engage with and that are aware of Candide, our product and service offerings in your area. We need someone who is able to build and maintain positive partnerships with gardens (talking to the plants is optional!). You should be a born networker and relationship developer who can:
- Discover opportunities, assess how Candide can deliver against expectations (and be comfortable in being honest where we can’t!)
- Introduce our compelling offering working closely with our Head of Partner Success to identify where functionality is lacking/missing for prospective partners
- Demonstrate the value and positive impact we are able to add to an independent garden
- Work to targets, quickly converting strategically identified leads to contracted partner gardens
- Drive local networks of gardens to join Candide as a ticket partner, allowing our marketing teams to efficiently promote tickets to customers
- Work independently, organise and prioritise your week and travel arrangements to meet any set targets
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a number of measures in place to ensure success and to help the Sales Account Manager. These role measures include the following:
- Number of leads generated and percentage conversion of leads to contracted partners
- Speed of conversion from initial introduction to contracted partner
- Proactive responsiveness to analytics signals among your territory business partners, for example their visitor volumes rising or falling
- The depth of Candide services utilised among your territory business partners
- Feedback from partners/prospective partners on helpfulness and knowledge to support their opportunities/problems
- Conversion from pending contracted partners to signed and live partners
Our ideal candidate:
We’re looking for enthusiasm, determination and creativity. Someone who has experience working with technology and/or SAAS would be well suited to this role. Whilst we are looking for a driven sales person, it is important to understand the nature of this industry. There is a fine line between going after new business and truly understanding the needs of the customer. We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate some of the below:
- Sales experience; ideally working with technology/SAAS
- Strong and honest influencer with excellent negotiation skills
- Target driven
- Experienced in online to offline business would be a plus
- Accountable and entrepreneurial team member who feeds back from the market to help improve the product
- Own a car (or vehicle) in order to be able to travel extensively in the area
- Continuous learner with interest in technology and in plants/visiting gardens
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us:
- 25 days holiday because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- £50 to fill your home and desk with beautiful plants!
- Regular team socials
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Enhanced shared parental leave
- Anonymous mental health support. If you need it, we want to help you :)
Everyone is welcome
Please do not hesitate in contacting firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to find more before you apply.
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- An interview with a few members of the team
Please do not hesitate in contacting email@example.com
if you want to find more before you apply.
Please read this
. tl;dr: please don’t send us candidates unless you are on our preferred supplier list. Any candidates you do send will be treated as a gift.