Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Queen Square, Bristol (temporarily remote)
Salary: up to £70,000, with flex for the right individual
Ideal start date: ASAP
Candide is a growing marketplace platform enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Cape town (South Africa) with over 55 staff members.
We openly put our people first and we are proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
We are looking for an energetic Head of Category Management to lead all commercial activities for our marketplace. This role will be responsible for ownership of the Candide Marketplace P&L and all the associated strategic levers including A) Selection & ranging B) Category Expansion C) Day to day trading (Deals, Promotional Calendar) D) Onboarding and negotiating with new sellers. The role will have multiple teams reporting into it including Seller Management, Delivery Experience and Supply Chain management.
● Single threaded leader of Candide Marketplace P&L. Lead team of approx. 5-7 people initially and scale team as the business grows
● Lead and execute commercial strategy for Candide (including category selection, seller acquisition, pricing, inventory, promotions)
● Lead execution of deals, key cultural, and retail moments as it relates to Nature based categories and our customers. Prior negotiation and deal structuring skills
● Developing commercial playbooks to scale marketplace rapidly
● Analysing performance and driving recommendations for improvement/optimization
● In coordination with the Head of Marketing, drive Calendar management and maintenance with consistent follow-up and status updates.
● Contribute to feature ideation and adoption for best on-site experience
● Develop commercial foundations for business to scale on a worldwide basis
● Strong analytical skills and business sense in a sophisticated data environment; ability to make the data speak volumes about program performance, trends, and areas of opportunity.
● Prior experience growing and scaling P&L
● At least five years of experience leading a high performing team
● 7-10 years of total experience with at last 3-5 years of experience working in a marketplace environment.
● Prior experience of accelerating growth of businesses via the deployment of a winning strategy
● Experience in buying, merchandising, or category management in retail or consumer products industry preferred. E-commerce experience preferred
● Motivated to grow with an entrepreneurial mentality to drive performance against agreed important metrics.
● Influencing & negotiating with internal & external stakeholders
● Can communicate effectively in large or small group settings
● Strong project management and problem-solving skills
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us
● 25 days holiday pro-rata (plus bank holidays), because the rest of your life is important too
● An extra paid day off to spend among plants
● Regular team socials
● An amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
● Your choice of equipment
● Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
● Grant of SARs (Stock Appreciation Rights) after two years of employment
● Flexible working hours (core hours 10 am - 4 pm)
● Enhanced shared parental leave
Please send a 1 or 2 page CV covering your employment history, relevant experience and education, and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for this role to email@example.com.
A successful application typically involves:
● A short initial interview
● A small take-home assignment
● A longer video interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
● An interview with our CEO
Please do not hesitate in contacting firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to find more before you apply.
To find out more about Candide, visit our homepage and download the app www.candidegardening.com