Location: Queen Square, Bristol
Salary: £20-22k based on 5 days of 7 per week (including weekend work)
Ideal start date: ASAP
Candide is a market-network platform helping businesses and the public break new ground in the garden, through the application of technology.
Candide is the gateway to inspiration for garden visitors using exciting immersive technology and enabling quick, contactless ticketing for visitor access. We also motivate the public to connect with nature and enable everyone to grow big and shop small, with curated online catalogues of plants, tools and accessories from exceptional independent businesses.
Based in central Bristol, surrounded by the greenery of Queen Square and the floating harbour, we enable people to progress their passion for plants and nature. We are a team of over 70, openly putting our people first; we're proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important a positive, inclusive culture is, so have a read and see if you think we might be a good fit.
As a member of the Candide Customer Support team, you will have a key role in providing technical support to both partner gardens and their visitors. The role will also involve answering queries and technical issues reported by general app users and updating partner garden’s in-app profiles. You will be working closely with the Customer Success team, as well as with the other Candide Customer Support staff, to ensure users queries are handled in a timely and friendly manner.
This is a hands-on role and would be best suited to an individual with previous experience managing customer support and someone familiar with technical support.
- Answering customer queries via phone, email and in-app customer relationship tools
- Working with gardens to manage refunds and ticket related issues
- Updating garden profiles in the Candide app
- Reporting user issues and potential bugs to the wider team
- Editing and writing customer support articles for our help pages.
- Experience managing customer support issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- To Be familiar with various iOS and Android devices, to be able to advise visitors with different devices quickly and efficiently
- Ability to track and report feedback from users and highlight any issues directly to the Candide Team
- For this role we are seeking a friendly approachable individual ideally with knowledge of apps and gardening.
- The ideal candidate would also be familiar with Candide and how the app functions, as well as having good knowledge of technology more generally
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge, and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us
- 25 days holiday pro-rata (plus bank holidays), because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- Regular team socials
- An amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
- Your choice of equipment
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Grant of SARs (Stock Appreciation Rights) after two years of employment
- Enhanced shared parental leave
Everyone is welcome
Get in touch if you have any questions – we’re a friendly bunch :)
Please send a 1 or 2 page CV (preferably in PDF format) explaining your employment history, relevant experience and education, and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for this role to recruit @ candidegardening. com.
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A longer video interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
To find out more about Candide, visit our homepage and download the app www. candidegardening.com