Location: Queen Square, Bristol
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Ideal start date: January 2021 - Salary: up to £25,000 depending on experience
Candide is a growing marketplace platform enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Cape town (South Africa) with over 60 staff members.
We openly put our people first and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
We are looking for a Social Media Executive to help execute our exciting growth strategy.
- Creating engaging and innovative content for our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube)
- Coordinating social media messages with the Social Media Manager and relevant stakeholders
- Scheduling posts using Sprout Social
- Community management of all our social media channels, ensuring all comments, messages and queries are responded to
- Working with influencers to deliver great campaigns
- Monitoring and developing reports on competitor activity within social media spaces
- Analysing and reporting on the success of our social media activity
- You have relevant experience in a similar role
- Interest or background in plants and gardens
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Experience using the Adobe suite
- Basic video editing
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Flexible team player
- Innovative and always looking for new ideas to engage our community
- Demonstrates confidence, creativity and professionalism
- Willingness to learn new skills
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way, we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us
25 days holiday because the rest of your life is important too
An extra paid day off to spend among plants
Regular team socials
Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively Enhanced shared parental leave
Please submit a covering letter highlighting your fit to the experience and application criteria, together with your CV to email@example.com. Please do not hesitate in contacting firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to find more before you apply.
A successful application typically involves:
- Successful submission of a CV and covering letter
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An on-site interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
To find out more about Candide, visit candidegardening.com.
No recruitment companies, please.