Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Queen Square, Bristol
Salary: £45 - 50k depending on experience
Ideal start date: ASAP
Candide is a growing market-network platform based in central Bristol enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Stellenbosch (South Africa) with over 60 staff members.
We openly put our people first, and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important a positive, inclusive culture is, so have a read and see if you think we might be a good fit.
We are looking for a Product Designer in our Garden Visiting team to create new experiences that are truly intuitive, inspiring, accessible, empowering and a delight to use. As part of our Garden Visiting team, you will work in the intersection between the two sides of our marketplace - garden venues, and the people who love to visit them. You will create products that support all aspects of a garden visit, from admissions and memberships to the plants and stories the venues encourage their visitors to engage with.
As part of a cross-functional team, you’ll work directly with another product designer, product manager and engineers to help build our products and services, leading on aspects of customer research and user experience including:
- Understanding the garden venues and visitors we serve, identifying their needs and bringing these to life for your teammates
- Designing new user journeys and iterating on existing ones to constantly improve our products and services
- Refining interfaces and interactions to create slick, user-friendly experiences across our products.
- Finding innovative ways to solve problems and bring about efficiencies for gardens and garden visitors
You are a self-starter who is focussed on quality and delivering the best solutions. You will test your assumptions every day and guide our product decisions through evidence-based research. You’re curious and tenacious; questioning what the user needs to achieve their goals using the Candide platform, and someone who is a fantastic communicator and team player, with a proven track record of friendly and efficient cross-functional communication, alignment and coordination.
You must be able to present an example of how you were involved in the iterative design process of a recent product in the interview process.
Working at Candide
We offer an amazing work environment - both in the office and outside of it, and a fast-paced development cycle which moves the product forward quickly and is very responsive to opportunity. We have a solid strategic plan, long-range funding and a very experienced and capable team making it happen.
Candide has a friendly, plant-filled Bristol office, which the team is looking forward to returning to when it is safe to do so. We are happy to accept candidates who are living elsewhere, provided that they are able to move to the Bristol area when the office reopens. Remote working is permitted during COVID but candidates will be expected to work from the office in the future.
Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. Our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned, and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
What You’ll Get From Us
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- Regular team socials
- An amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
- Your choice of equipment
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Grant of SARs (Stock Appreciation Rights) after two years of employment
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10 am - 4 pm)
- Enhanced shared parental leave
Please send a 1 or 2 page CV covering your employment history, relevant experience and education, and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for this role to email@example.com.
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An on-site/remote interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
Everyone is Welcome
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to find more before you apply.
To find out more about Candide, visit our homepage and download the app candidegardening.com.