Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Stellenbosch, South Africa
Ideal start date: ASAP
Candide is a growing marketplace platform with the mission to connect plant lovers with inspiration, knowledge and each other. We are an ambitious, international start-up enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Stellenbosch (South Africa) with over 60 staff members.
We openly put our people first and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
We are looking for a business savvy and enthusiastic growth manager to help us build relationships with and onboard supplier businesses and gardens within the home and garden industry in South Africa. The role is responsible for building and managing the customer support, business development and marketing teams as the business grows, working alongside a UK executive who will be in South Africa on secondment to establish our marketplace in South Africa and oversee your training and development plan. Ideally, you would have applicable experience working in the horticultural industry.
- Grow positive partnerships and sign commercial agreements with public gardens, garden centres and 3rd party suppliers;
- Help customers receive value quickly by managing product implementation and onboarding;
- Contribute to revenue generation through renewals, upsells, and expansions;
- Self-drive lead generation and supplier outreach campaigns
- Managing the customer support team
- Stay ahead of the market, by planning and sourcing appropriate supply in line with seasonality, supply gaps, and key trends in the market
- Use Hubspot CRM to manage relationships and pipeline conversion
- Onboard suppliers to the Marketplace and provide ongoing seller support as their key contact
- Work with the product team to improve the seller onboarding process
- Gain feedback from key suppliers by conducting research and communicating this to the team to inform product decisions
- Attend industry events and offsite visits to suppliers to provide a Marketplace demo, onboarding support or conduct research
- Driven and hungry to succeed (required);
- Strong and honest influencer with excellent negotiation skills (required);
- Great communicator (required);
- Own vehicle to travel to clients (required);
- Media and PR experience (required)
- Experience using CRM, ideally Hubspot (required)
- Proven lead generation experience (required)
- Email marketing (desired)
- Basic data analysis (desired)
- Keen interest in plants and / or gardening (desired)
- Growth and business-minded
- Numbers and sales-driven
- Proactive, flexible team player
- Confidence, creativity and professionalism
- Autonomous, self-starter
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way, we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us
- 20 days holiday because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- R150 to fill your home and desk with beautiful plants!
- Regular team socials
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Enhanced shared parental leave
Please submit a covering letter highlighting your fit to the experience and application criteria, together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
and please do not hesitate to contact us if you want to find out more before you apply.
- A successful application typically involves:
- Successful submission of a CV and covering letter
- A short ZOOM / online interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An online interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
To find out more about Candide, visit candidegardening.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent - Salary: Dependent on experience
No recruitment companies, please.