Contract type: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
Ideal start date: ASAP
Candide is a market platform helping businesses and the public break new ground in the gardening sector, through the application of technology. We motivate the public to connect with nature and enable everyone to grow big and shop small, with curated online catalogs of plants, tools, and accessories from exceptional independent businesses.
Based in central Bristol, surrounded by the greenery of Queen Square and the floating harbour, we enable people to progress their passion for plants and nature. We are a team of over 70, openly putting our people first; we're proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important a positive, inclusive culture is, so have a read and see if you think we might be a good fit.
Supporting the HR Business Partner to acquire talent across this rapidly growing business, you will be responsible for sourcing candidates and supporting hiring managers in shortlisting and administering the process. You will seek to improve our network in Bristol and the wider talent community and optimise the hiring and onboarding processes to reduce the time to hire and cost to hire whilst being mindful of diversity and inclusion.
You will also use your experience of digital platforms to improve our employee value proposition, regularly posting updates on LinkedIn and Stack Overflow to attract the best talent.
Experienced in agency recruitment or internal talent acquisition roles you will be proactive, agile, and target orientated. You will be rewarded for your energy, focus, and determination and motivated by the fast-paced, rapidly changing nature of a start-up going places. You will balance this with the attention to detail and follow-through necessary to ensure anyone interested in working for Candide, at any level, is treated fairly and with respect in keeping with our values.
Working at Candide
We offer an amazing work environment - both in the office and outside of it, and a fast-paced development cycle that moves the product forward quickly and is very responsive to opportunity. We have a solid strategic plan, long-range funding, and a very experienced and capable team making it happen.
Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth, and product. Our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned, and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them.
For plants and people
● We aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
● We respect the backgrounds of everyone we interact with - within Candide and across the broader society in which we operate - and actively promote the inclusion of all.
For the collective win
● We work together openly in a transparent and no-blame culture, encouraging innovation to leverage new, emerging technologies and continuously adapt to rapidly seize opportunities
● We always act with honesty and integrity, whilst focussing on the needs of our customers.
● We respectfully use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values
What You'll Get from Us
● 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), because the rest of your life is important too
● An extra paid day off to spend among plants
● Regular team socials
● An amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
● Your choice of equipment
● Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
● Grant of SARs (Stock Appreciation Rights) after two years of employment
● Flexible working hours (core hours 10 am - 4 pm)
● Enhanced shared parental leave
Please send a 1- or 2-page CV covering your employment history, relevant experience and education to firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend that you research the Candide website (candidegardening.com) and app (Candide) before submitting an application.
Everyone is Welcome.