Contract type: Permanent, Full-time Location: Bristol Salary: £40,000–60,000 D.O.E.
At Candide, we’re building tools, products and services for people who love plants. For the Visit Gardens teams, this means helping people find and enjoy great gardens, and giving gardens the tools they need to provide an amazing experience for their visitors.
In your role as a Product Designer in the Admissions team, you’ll work in the intersection between garden venues, and the people who love to visit them. You’ll focus on products and services for garden businesses, solving their problems around admissions, operations and visitor data. This might include iterating on existing membership and ticket services, identifying and prioritising new opportunities, and designing new ways to address them.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and excited to be designing products and services that delight gardens and their visitors. You’re curious and tenacious; questioning what Candide needs to offer so that our users can achieve their goals. You will test your assumptions every day and use evidence and research to guide your product decisions.
We encourage you to apply if you have experience and an interest in the below. We don’t expect you to be an expert in all these things – members of the Product team have their own specialisms and support each other’s skill sets.
- Experience as a Product Designer – ideally working on a range of platforms and products
- Use a variety of research methods to identify and articulate problems, extract insights and propose design solutions - and advocate for the user at all stages of the product design and development process
- Able to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions
- An understanding of different design and ideation methods and frameworks, web and mobile standards, common design patterns, and when to use them.
- Confident choosing a suitable tool for the job – whether that's research, diagramming, design or prototyping
- Experience of leading and participating in collaborative design workshops - thriving on collaboration and treating design as a continuous process
- Confidence working in an Agile, lean environment with short iterative release cycles
- Communicate, rationalise and document your design thinking
- Use existing design system components and libraries appropriately, and know when to build on them.
We work in cross-functional teams to align business goals to user-centred outcomes. Great communication and regular standups, prioritisation sessions and retrospectives means there is an open, trusting culture, where everyone can contribute. You’ll be joining a small design team and be able to play an integral role in shaping the design culture within the business. We’re not prescriptive about the tools you use, as long as they get the job done.
What you’ll get from us
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- Bi-monthly team socials
- Amazing plant-filled office in Queen Square
- Your choice of equipment
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10am – 4pm)
- Enhanced shared parental leave
- Anonymous mental health support. If you need it, we want to help you
- Free fruit in the office
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview - around 30 mins.
- An interview with the Product team, where you walk us through some of your work, and meet more of the team - around an hour and a half.
Our interviews are informal, we like to have a chat about what excites you, interesting projects and products you’ve worked on, and what you can bring to the team.
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your CV (1 or 2 pages) covering your employment history, relevant experience and education
- Your portfolio of recent Digital Product, UI and UX Design
Unfortunately, we cannot consider candidates who do not follow the above instructions.
Everyone is welcome
Please do not hesitate in contacting email@example.com if you want to find more before you apply.
Please read this (TL;DR - don't send us candidates unless you're on our preferred supplier list. Any candidates you do send will be treated as a gift)