This unusual cactus originates from the rainforest of Mexico and has uniquely shaped long, flat stems resembling a fishbone, hence its name! The stems will begin by growing upright but as they grow longer will eventually trail down. Ours has some more hairier stems and red tips.
Best located in medium to bright indirect sunlight, avoid any strong direct sunlight.
Allow the majority of the mix to dry out. Before watering, ensure the substrate isn’t compacted, if it is, aerate it with a few pokes of a skewer or blunt stick, pour water slowly over the top and allow the water to pass through the drainage holes.
Fishbone will do just fine in normal household humidity but will appreciate slightly higher levels. Feel free to lightly mist or group near other houseplants.
Yay! This plant is non-toxic to people and pets.
Our Fishbone comes in a 12cm nursery pot and a little care guide card, feel free to email if there are any issues!
The vintage planter in the picture is not included in the purchase but is available to buy separately, please see our other listings.
• Our postage packaging is fully recyclable.
• If you order more than 1 plant, we will combine shipping and refund the difference.
• We post via Royal Mail 1st Class or Courier depending on location. Orders are processed in 1-3 working days and once posted it usually takes 1-2 working days to arrive.
• We prefer to post Mon-Weds to avoid plants sitting in the postal depot over the weekend, please get it touch if you would like your plant posted by a certain date.
• Our plants are packed very carefully but they are fragile products and slight damage can occur due to transit, please contact us with pictures so we can help solve any issues.