We are an ambitious, international start-up enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology.
We openly put our people first and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
Area Manager (Southern England and Wales)
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £28,000 - £31,000 a year
Ideal start date: ASAP
The Area Manager role is key to maintaining and growing our relationships and reputation with gardens in your area. As well as in identifying issues facing these gardens and feeding back to the team any potential opportunities/threats to gardens and or app use in gardens.
Build and maintain positive partnerships with gardens; you should be a born networker and relationship developer who can:
- Discover opportunities, assess how Candide can deliver against expectations (and be comfortable in being honest about where we can’t!)
- Introduce our compelling offering
- Demonstrate the value and positive impact we are able to add to an independent garden
- Nurture the relationship in order to bring the new partner into our group
- Continually develop the partner relationship for growth
- Grow the overall net book sales of your territory
- Work with strategically identified gardens to promote Candide to visitors and other local visiting gardens and industry professionals
- Work independently, organise and prioritise your week and travel arrangements to meet any set targets
- Work with strategically identified gardens - event promotion, increasing awareness of Candide in these gardens and in-app engagement with garden visitors
- Level of engagement and transaction volume by your territory business partners on the Candide platform
- Proactive responsiveness to analytics signals among your territory business partners - for example, their visitor volumes rising or falling
- The depth of Candide services utilised among your territory business partners
- Work with gardens hosting the Candide ticketing solution - providing insight, support and promoting membership to new and existing garden visitors
Your Skills and Experience
- Bags of enthusiasm and the desire to work with a fun and growing start-up company
- Strong and honest influencer with excellent negotiation skills
- Experience in online-to-offline business would be a plus
- Good communicator with a higher education qualification
- Accountable team member who feeds back from the market to help improve the product
- Continuous learner with interest in social networks and social media
- Interest in plants and visiting gardens
- Own a vehicle, in order to be able to travel extensively in the area
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All of our teams have a short daily stand-up, which ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign, or even a small product.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way, we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What You’ll Get From Us
- 25 days holiday because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- Regular team socials
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Enhanced shared parental leave
- Anonymous mental health support - if you need it, we want to help you : )
A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An on-site interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
- An interview with our CEO
Everyone is Welcome
Get in touch if you have any questions – we’re a friendly bunch :)
How to apply
Please email your CV and any other supporting information to this address.
Recruitment agencies, please read this (TLDR: don't send us candidates unless you're on our preferred supplier list. Any candidates you do send will be treated as a gift)