Most houseplants have tropical origins so we need to make sure they get the best care over our chilly winters. Here are a few things you can check...
- Reposition houseplants to the sunnier spots
- Dust leaves so they can get the most light
- Clean windows to let in the most light
- Adjust your watering schedule so as not to over water.
- If plants need humidity, mist them in the morning so they're not wet and cold overnight.
- Houseplants don't want to be below 12 degrees Celcius.
- If your plants are up against a single glazed window, consider moving them at night.
- As we go into the cooler season it's a good idea to clear away any dead leaves which may harbour pests.
- Stop feeding with fertiliser as they won't have a lot of new growth until spring.
Share your #houseplant #tips with the Candide community on the app!