A great recipe shared by user Siti
Foraging for sweet chestnuts is a prickly yet rewarding job! Last time we tried roasting them they exploded spectacularly in the oven. This time I researched for the best way to roast them.
- Rinse well
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees Celsius
- Carefully score a lime on the rounded side using the flat side for stability
- Place in a pot with cold water and heat until just simmering
- Removed, drain then spread evenly on a baking tray
- Roast for 20mins or until the flesh is visible through the scoreline
- Either cover with a tea towel or cover in a pot for 15mins,
Note its easier to shell when hot after roasting, or reheat in a pot of boiling water.
Thank you for sharing, Siti!