Candide is a fast-growing startup based in central Bristol with a mission to help and inspire novice and experienced gardeners alike through innovative technologies and a passion for sharing knowledge. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Cape Town (South Africa) with over 44 staff members.
Currently launched in the UK, Ireland and South Africa, we are working towards globalising Candide and making it a useful daily tool for our rapidly growing base of users. In support of this, we are looking to appoint a dynamic Botanical Writer
Contract Type: Part-time
Salary: £9 per hour
Ideal start date: ASAP
Plant data underpins everything we do on our platform. We are looking for a horticultural expert to help with data inputting and plant record writing for our plant knowledgebase.
● The role involves horticultural research and writing;
● The role is part-time, on a temporary contract basis and pays £9 per hour
● You value collaboration and are at your best when you’re part of a team;
● You have a deep understanding and interest in horticulture, plant identification, taxonomy and writing;
● You are comfortable with technology and data;
● You are pragmatic and can balance quality with speed;
● You are a problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects and thrives in a fast-paced environment;
● You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience
● Experience in research, evaluating online sources and making assessments of their accuracy;
● Writing experience;
● A thorough understanding of copyright and plagiarism laws;
● A-level qualifications to include biology or botany;
● A relevant qualification in biology, horticulture or botany.
Please submit a covering letter highlighting your fit to the experience and application criteria, together with your CV to [email protected].
We can only consider applicants that have a right to work in the United Kingdom.
To find out more about Candide, visit candidegardening.com or download our app.