Candide is a growing market-network platform based in central Bristol with the mission to connect plant lovers with inspiration, knowledge and each other. We are an ambitious, international start-up enabling people to progress their passion for plants and nature through the application of technology. We have offices in Bristol (UK) and Cape Town (South Africa) with over 44 staff members.
We openly put our people first and we’re proud to be building a team that genuinely loves working and learning together. We know how important culture is, so have a read to see if you think we might be a good fit.
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Queen Square, Bristol
Salary : £24,000 - £28,000
Ideal start date : ASAP
We are looking for a data-driven marketer with a background in quantitative subjects. This role provides the opportunity to marry creative talent with data analysis. The successful candidate will be optimising paid and organic content and feeding into the creative strategy.
- Optimise content for growth
- Daily reporting and insights of growth
- Design and implement digital marketing campaigns
- Measure the effectiveness of messaging with A/B testing and data analysis
- Analyse trends and underlying issues within the digital platform
- Effectively communicate learnings from analysis of the platform to provide recommendations within the cross functional team.
- Strong maths, science or quantitative background (required)
- Interest or background in gardening (desired)
- Some digital marketing experience (website, social media, email marketing) (desired)
- Strong ability in Spreadsheets (required)
- Basic data analysis (desired)
- Strategic and analytical
- Numbers and data-driven
- Proactive, flexible team player
- Demonstrates confidence, creativity and professionalism.
- Highly driven, and keen to constantly innovate campaigns and engage with our users
We work in small, cross-functional teams to turn business goals into product features. Great communication means there is an inherent no-blame culture, and our collaborative and inclusive structure encourages everyone to share ideas on how we can improve our processes, growth and product. All our teams have a short daily stand-up, this ensures we remain aligned and those who build products stay very close to our customers that enjoy them. To encourage innovation, we hold monthly hack days where everyone can build something new that falls outside our current roadmap - an idea, a campaign or even a small product - with whomever they like.
For plant lovers
We democratise information about plants by building social connections between people, gathering their knowledge and making it as accessible as possible. We ultimately aim to be the most useful tool in a gardener’s pocket and to accentuate the social, environmental, and physical benefits already associated with gardening.
For the future
We explore new, emerging technologies and constantly adapt to rapidly seize opportunities others have missed. In this way we will bring the gardening industry into the 21st century and secure its relevance in the long-term.
We build on the inherent positivity of our subject matter and protect our “warm and safe community”, which sets us apart. We use our platform to encourage conscious, informed decision-making and work with individuals and companies to progress our values.
What you’ll get from us
- 25 days holiday because the rest of your life is important too
- An extra paid day off to spend among plants
- £100 to fill your home and desk with beautiful plants!
- Regular team socials
- Pre-paid training budget for whatever you need to do your job more effectively
- Enhanced shared parental leave
- Anonymous mental health support. If you need it, we want to help you :)
- A successful application typically involves:
- A short phone interview
- A small take-home assignment
- An on-site interview with a few members of the team, and some from other teams
Everyone is Welcome
Get in touch if you have any questions – we’re a friendly bunch :)
How to apply
Please email your CV and any other supporting information to this address.
Recruitment agencies, please read this(TLDR: don't send us candidates unless you're on our preferred supplier list. Any candidates you do send will be treated as a gift)