A colourful and textured garden crafted with devotion.
About Kathy Brown's Garden
If you’re into art as much as gardening you’ll love Kathy Brown's Garden, which combines the two. Developed by owners Simon and Kathy Brown over the last thirty years, there are five areas which cleverly utilise the textures, colours and architectural qualities of plants to bring famous paintings to life.
Prepare to feel engulfed by towering waves of feathery Miscanthus and Calamagrostis in the Hokusai-inspired garden, lose yourself in a wall of colour in the Rothko Room and contemplate life among the shimmering grasses of the Monet inspired garden. But it isn’t just culture vultures who flock to Kathy Brown's Garden, the edible flower patch is a fabulous place to learn about the joys of cooking with plants, while guided by Kathy’s expert tips.
In addition to the art-inspired areas, this award-winning garden includes a wisteria walk, an ethereal white-stemmed birch avenue, a fragrant rose garden and much more besides
A choice of tea, coffee, Maynard’s ice creams or Kathy’s homemade cake is available. Cakes may include Primrose and Violet Sponge cake, Lavender lemon drizzle, Ginger and honey cake, Carrot cake, Almond and Orange (gluten and dairy free) or any other, depending on the season, for £6 per person.
Toilets, Toilets with Wheelchair Access, Food Stall (Food and Drink), Cafe/Restaurant - Outdoor Seating, Car Park (Free), Gift Shop
Winter: Cherry Blossom, Winter Garden
Spring: Daffodils, Perennial Borders, Wisteria
Summer: , Roses, Perennial Borders, Wildflower Meadow, Alliums, Clematis, Echinacea, Dahlias
Autumn: Orchard, Autumn Colour, Echinacea
Year-Round: Topiary, Formal Garden, Wildlife Garden/Nature Trail, Art Gardens, Children's Trail, Cottage Garden, Edible Flower Garden, Naturalistic Gardens, Container Displays
Tickets & Discounts
Day ticket prices: Adults £7, Children (4-15) £3.50, Under 4s Free. Please refer to T’s and C’s below.
Concessions: Not available.
Season ticket prices: Not available.
Membership discounts: Not available.
Good to Know
Dog Walking: No - Guide dogs only.
Family Friendly: Yes - Children of all ages..
Wheelchair & Pushchair Access: Mostly accessible (many paths flat and paved)* - paths are mostly gravel or grass, not paved and about 10% are difficult with steps.
Wheelchair Hire: Not available.
Bicycle Storage: You could lock your bike to the metal fence.
Public Transport: Nearest train station is Bedford. A few buses come to Stevington - it’s a 5 mile journey from the station.
Postcode for SatNavs: The garden recommends searching for Kathy Brown’s Garden as the postcode (MK43 7QB) is for a different road and will take you to the wrong place.
Last Entry: An hour before 'Closing Time' - Due to time slot booking, last entry is up to the visitor but the garden suggests an hour before the end of the session.
Additional Information: We are delighted to welcome visitors back to The Manor House Garden again for 2021, using our online booking system whereby we can then offer you a choice of time slots on open days. We will also offer a general free introduction at 11.30am and 2.30pm.
There will be no tours. But we do have a beautiful and informative guide book which you can purchase on the day for £5. There is also a virtual guide of the garden available from our friends at Candide, via their app.
Conditions of Entry
- Due to the current situation, we are having to set certain conditions so that everyone can enjoy our gardens safely.
- Each bookable time slot is for 2 hours.
- Only people with pre-booked tickets can visit the garden at the time-slot they have booked.
- Please show or print out your order confirmation email as proof of ticket reservation.
- Please observe social distancing rules on your visit.
- Please respect any signage or instructions the garden has.
- Babes in arms and toddlers are allowed in for free without a reservation.
- Children aged 4-15 are allowed in half-price, providing a child ticket is reserved and purchased on the day.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- A single toilet is now available.
- Gardener’s World 2 for 1 offer is not valid.
- If you are unable to attend during your time slot please email info@kathybrownsgarden to advise so that numbers for the day can be adapted and a new booking made.